My ex boyfriend owes me $50,000 Can I sue him? How can I get it back?

My ex boyfriend owes me money for bills, and some other things as well. How can I get it back? I have nothing down in writing, because while we were together it was assumed he was going to pay me back.

  1. michelob86, 14 August, 2009

    Yes, you can sue him. But not if it was out of the goodness of your heart because you were together, and now you want to be paid back. Be sure you can at least narratively tell a judge when and how much you loaned. And be sure you confidently expressed to the ex that it was a loan. If not, a judge will assume you did it as a favor.

    Also, if it was $50,000, you’ll have to go through a lawyer. Small Claims only goes up to $5000 in most states.

  2. not impossible, 14 August, 2009

    sue him!

  3. εήďs♥шє†®◙§t冡°ň™, 14 August, 2009

    just wait a few months, call him, and if he doesnt do anything u can sue him for those charges

  4. Kingpin, 14 August, 2009

    Sue his dead beat self!

  5. The Penguins Bowtie, 14 August, 2009

    Get your receipts and take him to court.

  6. Barry auh2o, 14 August, 2009

    Nothing in writing? Then, it becomes a " he said, she said" issue.Good luck. You are going ot need it.

  7. ❦Ŝůççĕŝŝ✾Ŀĩʄɵ❧, 14 August, 2009

    This calls for Jerry Springer! Lol. Jk. Sue him!

  8. rachelchicago, 14 August, 2009

    sue his stealing bum!

  9. J D, 14 August, 2009

    I say.. Get a lawyer, and a damn good one too

  10. Cal, 14 August, 2009

    If you have nothing down in writing then of course you can not sue him. How can you prove anything?

  11. Bridey, 14 August, 2009

    For $50,000 I’d definitely give it a try in court. Before you do though, you might want to go to him under the guise of working something out and get him to sign a contract stating that he will pay you back. Sometimes you have to play fake-nice to get something. It would be so much better for you if you had something in writing or witnesses that can prove your side of things.

  12. KaLeCo, 14 August, 2009

    Legally you had a verbal agreement which is enough to stand in court. Do you have the bills showing you paid them? Any witness’ to your conversations?

  13. Vallon, 14 August, 2009

    small claims court.
    And you shouldve had stuff down in writing.
    Bring witnesses bank slips (I assume you got the money from the bank and didnt just have 50,000 dollors laying around)

  14. milenaoco, 14 August, 2009

    ruin his life slash his tyres smash his windows break into his house and burn his clothes tee hee

  15. Porto man, 14 August, 2009

    Don’t wait any time. It’s your money. You should’ve got it down on writing or something.


    You can never trust anyone that much. Anybody has the potential to be a theif, murderer, or even worse.

  16. jhnedrmr, 14 August, 2009

    If you didnt have notes or agreements written down or receipts I dont think you can sue acording to court tv, when you watch those shows they always want something written down. Maybe you could just let it go, people are allways suing each other, its kind of sickening.

  17. santosh53, 14 August, 2009

    Well, I would say you were not too smart to give your boyfriend such a huge amount. unless you have something in writing, even suing him wont work, there’s no legal evidence after all. Do you know someone who can get him to spend a huge amount without knowing that the person has been sent by you?

  18. jayman, 14 August, 2009

    you sound like type of girls that are judge judy that she calls an "idiot"….you sound like a perfect candidate for the show, i suggest you go it.

  19. Elijah Mormon, 14 August, 2009

    Any judge will say this was a gift. Since you have nothing in writing, he will either say you never gave it to him or that it was a gift. Without something in writing or some other proof this money was supposed to be loans, you are basically out of luck.

    This sort of thing happens on Judge Judy all the time, and without evidence of a loan you are going to get nothing.

  20. Leonard, 14 August, 2009

    you can sue him but you should key his car and when he sues you, you counter-sue him

  21. GENERAL DOOMSDAY, 14 August, 2009

    Purchase a unregistered gun in utah then go to his house. Enter the home wearing all black. Next, shoot him in the knee caps (shoot 2 bullets in each knee). Beat teh living s*** out of him till he gives you you rmoney back. Good luck.

  22. Jaqueline, 14 August, 2009

    You can sue him but i doubt you will win. That is an expensive lesson you won’t soon forget.

  23. space, 14 August, 2009

    if u have already asked him 4 it and he wont give you it back you might as well 4 get bot it thats just life 4 ya you carnt sue him cos you hav no prove he owes you it!!!

  24. Huh?, 14 August, 2009

    I sure that will become a he said, she said deal. Good luck! Hope you learned your lesson about trusting a dead beat.

  25. glenys, 14 August, 2009

    You could save up another $50,000 or nicely talk with him about it and maybe he could do something in return. .

  26. beauty, 14 August, 2009

    yes you can sue him make sure that you have evidents on the money that he owns you so when you get the to court house you have all the information to get your money back its going to be hard but have your evidents ready good luck

  27. Michael H, 14 August, 2009

    You can certainly sue him.

    Collection? That’s an entirely different story.

    Winning does not insure collection, people are not forced to write a check to you when they lose, they get a judgment placed against them and they either pay it, or….well….they don’t. Once you win, there are certain avenues that you can take to collect some, if not all of the judgment. You can’t take his house or car or things such as that.

    Consider the expenses of TRYING to collect against the odds of actually collecting.

  28. scott b, 14 August, 2009

    "while we were together it was assumed he was going to pay me back."

    Nope. You’ve lost right there "assumption" is not legal basis for a law suit.

  29. Got Repression?, 14 August, 2009

    No contract, No money.

    If you weren’t living together, it will be harder to get money out of him, cos it will be look at as a gift and now you are broke up and want it back.. so you say you "loaned" it to him.

    If you did live together, you will prolly get some for utilities and rent.. but not $50,000

    maybe if you’re lucky, a couple thousand.

Copyright © Free Tips To Get Your Ex Back